Today’s topic is DYNAMICS!Why today’s topic?
– two approaches to dynamics
– dynamics vs playing hands together
– boxes to “tick off” before you start working on the dynamics
– when you can (or even should!) add them straight away Questions from viewers
– how to make harp sound loud without sounding rough?
– how to play quietly without going too soft? And why ARTICULATION is the answer to both
– articulation in the context of finger/hand/arm movements: I was talking about this a bit more in Live no 9 Tips on practising dynamics when you get to them
– sustaining the dynamic level you’re on
– planning your crescendo’s and diminuendo’s
– practising sudden changes
Would you like to receive materials from past Live Lessons?
Leave your email to access the materials and receive updates about new resources.
Watch the lesson
Series of mini-lessons for beginner and intermediate harpists
Watch Live every Friday at 11:00 am GMT