Today we’re going to tackle SCALES, and we are going to discuss…
The new format of the Live, which comes with a free 7-day practice plan in a downloadable PDF
How playing scales on the harp differs from other instruments
– 4 (yes, four!) things to remember about when practising scales
– sitting – “Discover the Harp” ebook [currently unavailable] – exercises
– why you need the foundation of good hand position before practising scales
About today’s piece – “Etude” by Carlo Grossi
– about the composer
– fingerings you may want to change
– the piece is part of the book “Les plaisirs de la harp”, available to buy here
What to watch out for when practising scales in this piece
Would you like to receive materials from past Live Lessons?
Leave your email to access the materials and receive updates about new resources.
Watch the lesson
Series of mini-lessons for beginner and intermediate harpists
Watch Live every Friday at 11:00 am GMT