In this episode you will hear about…
the harp I am using today
the owner of the harp, Olivia Jageurs and her cool projects:15 Second Harp Bachn’Eggs concert series, and the special offer for the next performance
the most challenging part of doing a live broadcast
About today’s piece…
about the range of the harp needed
about the difficulty level
about the mechanism of the harp that I play and what’s used in place of levers
Music (from 8’58”)
how to alter sections of a piece if your harp doesn’t have enough strings to cover the range needed (like the instrument that I’m using today)
what to watch out for when playing chords with 1st and 2nd finger
– space between the fingers
– open your hand in the air, don’t slide on a string
– closing the fingers (articulation)
– can I play without bending the thumb?
how to practise lever changes
what pieces would you like to hear?
– beginner or intermediate level?