Polish Christmas Carols
The Carols are out!
Step no 1: Melody
Step no 2: Harmony
- chords of tonic (1st), subdominant (4th) and dominant (5th). There are many more but at the beginning you will be perfectly fine with sticking to those 3 and as you get more confident, you can explore further.
- important info about the minor key chords
- can you hear the chords changing in the carol that I am playing? Try to look at the excerpt in the PDF and see if you can tell which chords (tonic, subdominant or dominant) I am using.
Step no 3: Balance
- look one more time at the example above: can you see that I am only putting 2 notes in the left hand, not 3? that’s because right hand includes some of the notes in the melody.
- trick for fast songs with lots of notes and how your left hand can help with the melody while still doing its “harmony job”.
Watch the video from the lesson
Series of mini-lessons for beginner and intermediate harpists
Watch every Friday at 11:00 am UK time