Today we’re going to talk about PLACING, and about…
why this will be especially helpful for any self-taught harpist
how many fingers you should start with when starting to learn
All materials used today come from „First Harp Book” by Betty Paret which you can buy here.
Playing with two fingers
– exercises 1-4
– what to do if you feel that your thumb is not strong enough just yet
Practising Wooden-Shoe Dance
– look beyond the first note and place both fingers (connecting lines)
– why playing the two notes as chords will be helpful
Cuckoo (music from 15’13”)
– what makes the left hand simple
– 3 types of fingering in the right hand
– how to look at the lines connecting fingers in bars 3-4
– try to separate PLACING from PLAYING
– why is it important to let go of the fingers that don’t play
– how to read the colours in the PDF table
Next week we will carry on talking about placing, this time with 3 fingers playing!
Would you like to receive extra materials for today’s lesson?
Leave your email to access the PDF with exercises.
Watch the lesson
Series of mini-lessons for beginner and intermediate harpists
Watch Live every Friday at 11:00 am GMT on:Facebook Instagram