About the first lesson
- it’s absolutely normal to feel nervous, especially if you’re a shy person (like me – believe it or not!)
- this is mainly a chat, to get to know your teacher and for the teacher to learn a bit more about you
- the teacher will ask some questions – this is again to get you know a bit better, and learn how they can support you in your harp adventure.
Leave your email to download the PDF for this lesson for a printable list of question with space for your answers
What will happen if you haven’t got a harp?
After the brief chat we will discuss options for renting the instrument and I will advise you on places worth checking. If you are wondering whether you should buy a harp, watch this Live Harp Lesson where I share my thoughts and advice.
We will make sure you can start your lessons and harp practice as soon as possible!
Links to the resources I mentioned in this lesson
- Discover the Harp ebook – for the playlists, introduction to reading the music, and sitting at the harp. Leave your email here to get access to the ebook
- I talked a lot more about the ebook in the previous Live Harp Lesson – watch it here
- The video on sitting with harp and balance
- blog post on questions that you may want to ask your teacher by Anne Sullivan from Harp Mastery
- my Harp Course – if you are interested in learning with me, bookings are now open for the new term
Bookings for the new term are now open!
Watch the lesson
Would you like to receive extra materials for today’s lesson?
Leave your email to access the materials and receive updates about new resources.
Live Harp Lessons: series of free tutorials for beginner and intermediate harpists
Watch Live on:
Every Friday at 11:00 (UK time).